Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions we recieve, but, of course, if you have other questions about our services feel free to reach out.
What is counseling?
• Counseling is a chance to talk over what is on your mind with an objective person. They can help you learn new skills and ways of looking at situations so that you will be more capable of solving problems on your own.
• Counselors are non-judgmental, objective, empathetic, professional, experienced helpers.
• Counselors work to understand your concerns and collaborate with you to address those issues you choose to address.
• Counseling involves addressing issues and concerns to allow you to live the life you want to live.
• Counseling is voluntary and you have the right to continue or terminate counseling at any time you choose.
• Counseling is about confidentiality and what is discussed between you and your counselor should not be shared with others.
How do I chose a counselor?
Choosing a counselor is about your comfort. It’s important that you feel safe to share those areas you wish to address in counseling. If you feel judged, criticized, or anxious around a therapist you will be less likely to discuss those concerns that brought to counseling in the first place. A counselor should be open hearing your thoughts and feelings and work to minimize any anxiety you may be experiencing.
Some things to consider may be:
• What is the counselor’s theoretical approach and how will this influence your work together.
• Consider how the gender of your counselor makes you feel and whether this will have an effect on what you will address in counseling.
• A high level of attentiveness. A counselor should actively listen to what you bring to therapy and work to build a collaborative relationship.
• Ultimately, choosing a counselor is about your preference about who will assist you in meeting your goals.
How do I pay for counseling?
Alba Wellness offers a variety of options for payment.
We are in network with a variety of insurance companies, we accept clients who wish to pay out-of-pocket, and we work with counseling interns to offer lower cost services. Services fees, typically, start around $55 per session, but we pride ourselves on making an effort to serve those in need so give us a call for information.